RCU Forums - View Single Post - RealFlight's Edge 540 has me wondering if it's a fine beginners plane for me. (??)
Old 01-30-2015, 05:07 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Gene, I hear ha. Looking back at some of the airplanes I had that flew less the desirable I can honestly say that some flew that way because at the time I simply did not have the skill set to flight trim them correctly. IMO just about any airplane that has a reasonable wing loading can be set up to fly wild to mild. As far as what I would suggest to a fairly new pilot depends on that particular pilot. I lost my trainer before my solo and started flying my dads pattern airplanes ( Mach 1 and Miss Norway ) for me the pattern airplanes were easier to fly because they were point and shoot. Got back into a trainer to learn to land and then went straight into a Q500. The only real reason I would not suggest an Edge as a second airplane is simply because they just won't take any abuse. As far as flight charicteristics go, I wouldn't see it as an issue. In fact after learning how to fly a trainer around, I used to let my daughter fly my 50cc Laser.