RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skyraider Brotherhood (All Skyraiders Welcome)
Old 02-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Aloha Guys,
I just ordered my ESM Skyraider, drop tanks and retracts. I expect them to arrive in a week or so and coming from ARFPROS, out of Florida. She gave me the lowest shipping rates of any supplier in the U.S. The retracts may take some time to get here, and I believe Century Jet is going to make my gear. I am ordering their electric system with a retractable tail wheel-struts and wheels. From what I have read about this airframe, is that it does not build tail heavy like the ESM F6F, TBolt and other radial engine WWII heavy iron kits. Most recommended 26cc gas engines or 120 size two stroke or four stroke glow. My PTE 36cc gas engine will have some weight and I may need the tail weight...hence the retractable tail wheel. But this engine will be able to pull this model almost vertical indefinitely. I'm also not a real fan of how ESM connects the steering on their tail draggers or their kit supplied hardware. The hardware is not up to the job and I will be going with Robart hinge points and control horns and Sullivan pull/pull hardware.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Last edited by Bob Paris; 02-17-2015 at 12:51 PM.