RCU Forums - View Single Post - Love My Robart Retracts; Hate My Robart Retract Problems:
Old 02-20-2015, 03:09 PM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love My Robart Retracts; Hate My Robart Retract Problems:

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with the 630 Robarts Retracts.

The mounting blocks appear to be level and OK. But when I lay the retract into the mounting blocks it seems to fit on the mounting blocks fine. The problem is when I screw down the 4 screws in each corner the retract becomes very stiff when I try to operate the retract up & down. As soon as I loosen 2 or 3 screws about of a turn or so, then the retract works fine.

The retract works fine when out of the plane. The other retract works fine in or out of the plane. The mounting blocks in both wing halves look the same and so I am not sure what is the issue. If I had to guess, I think that somewhere along the line that the retract is getting pressure on the flanges which in turn is causing a slight binding action on the retract when the screws are tightened down. (Look at the one Pic of the silver part of the retract that looks like it has some wear on it)

The mounting blocks are flat piece of 2 layers of plywood, making it almost a thick. When I say tightened down, I really mean the screws are just barely snugged down. I included some pics to see as well. I noticed that there is one pic in particular that seems to show some wear on the silver part that goes up and into the retract between the mounting flanges of the retract.

Also you will see the piece of Pine board with the U - shape cut out in it, this was a test board that I mounted the retract that was giving me the issue and it worked fine.

Has anyone encountered this before? Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks
Ed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1833.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	497.8 KB
ID:	2074985   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1816.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	555.9 KB
ID:	2074986   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1831.jpg