RCU Forums - View Single Post - Immortal Hobbies???
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 06:26 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curtis, glad to hear your going to continue, changes to your operation sound great! I know I ordered 3 boards from you and I thought you did a great job helping me as I am new to tanks. I think you were sick at the time I purchased my new tanks. A couple of emails got lost or were sent elsewhere, but but in the end you took care of me, no proplem! You even advised me that to save some time you were going to ship one of my boards directly from Clark, I thought that was great, less waiting time. I think its great what you guys are doing! I havent been in the RC world very long, 6years about, as I a still new to the hobby, I have planes and 1/8 trucks also, I have bought alot of aftermarket parts from people like you, I think what people dont always understand is that some of the vendors are doing this as a full time job, and alot of you guys are doing it for part time, or just for fun to help out other people. I have my own small engine repair shop, its just me, and a part timer in the summer. When it snows the phone never stops, they need it now, when the grass grows they need it now, I can never do it fast enough or cheap enough. Some buy cheap aftermarket parts and want me to install them, they dont fit right or brake prematurly, then they blame me! They want free advise all the time so they can fix it themselves, I pour tons of free labor into these people, not even a thanks, phone rings all weekend, after hours, they pound on my door a 9pm on Sunday, find me out on the lake in my fish house. I have a family, like you said kids only grow up once! I have thought about throwing in the towel several times, but I still love what I do. People are gettting harder to deal with and satisfy now days though, its getting tougher to be in the retail repair business and make a profit, (swear word to some) I like what you are doing with you charging a labor rate and the "buy from me". I changed my business last year also, I stuck to my days and hrs I was open, and started charging for diagnostic time, I was nervous at first but Im still just as busy and I have weeded out alot of the rif raf free loader tight wads! Good luck Curtis, I hope to do more business with you in the future, and dont worry, I am waiting very patiently for my Sherman TK22, no worries!!