RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy Electronic C.G. Balancer
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 03:58 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Xicoy CG balancer that I had pre ordered some time ago, way back when it was first announced has now arrived over the weekend, many thanks to Jeff at ZEDJETS for the very quick turnaround once stock was available. I must say I'm very pleased with the quality of the balancer, the three scales are nicely machined with a robust feel to them and the touch screen display is very clear and is easy to use. It took all of five minuets to unpack and have it programed by "intuition alone" I really must down load the manual just to see if I guessed it right!.
I used my Jetlegend Alpha Jet as my first test subject, this is defiantly a model you cant balance using your finger tips and a good example of an airframe for which this device was conceived. In use I found by drawing a line across the bench under where the main wheels sit on the sensor units gives a good clear reference point, then by using a half sheet of ply as a set square I could project down from the wing seat to the bench the CG position. This then gave me all the information that's required to program and allow the balancer to do its calculations, it all worked a treat, well done on a fantastic product to our good friend and turbine guru "Gaspar"

For ref the stats for my JL Alpha Jet are, Main wheels to Nose wheel = 933mm, CG = 105mm in front of the main wheels.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpha and Xicoy CG Meter.jpg
Views:	3923
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	2081782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Marking CG on bench.jpg
Views:	3361
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	2081783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xicoy CG Meter Display.jpg
Views:	3725
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	2081784  

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 03-16-2015 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Gramar and poor speeling