RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 03-31-2015, 12:34 PM
bradpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by warbird_1
I personally find this thread infamitory .. As far as i can see it does nothing but anger people . Dues increase is not rocket science . What it comes down to is , if you want to fly at AMA chartered fields and AMA events then you have to accept a dues increase. You can't blame anyone personally ,it's going to happen. We don't think twice about going to a swap meet or hobby shop and dropping 100.00 ,why should we get all uptight about a few dollars increase in dues. I feel MUCH better knowing that if i injure someone or damage someone's property ,that i'm covered. You can't drive a vehicle on the road without insurance ,so why should we be allowed to fly " around other people" with out it? I see how hard Gray and Bob work to maintain or right to fly. They both spend a lot of money out of their own pockets and sacrifice a lot of time on the road away from their families. Most all of you don't see that, i do. I know for a fact that both Gray and Bob really care about a modelers finances and don't want to see an increase but it's a reality of life. People don't go march on washington because thier taxs go up even though it ticks them off ,so why start a thread that doesn't solve but incites hard feelings? that's my two cents. Here's a solution ... try becoming a CD and manage an event promoting the hobby and you'll get half dues. I guarantee you'll be happy just to pay your dues :-)
Oh boy time to pop some popcorn and sit back and watch the fireworks. 💥