RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 03-31-2015, 07:38 PM
GSXR1000
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't feel sorry for anyone who can't afford the AMA nominal yearly dues at the current rate or supposed upcoming increase....This is just like any other hobby or sport..... to put a kid through one season of soccer cost more than AMA yearly dues, one round of golf with green fees cost more than AMA yearly dues, when I go ride my dirt bike 2 trips to the MX park cost as much as the AMA yearly fee. Just like joining any other club or organization that you want to be a part of or need to be a part of, they all have cost associated with them... RC hobbies are expensive to begin with, that's the price of being in it. RC car guys have to pay daily or weekly fees to use the local RC track, they pay track/race fees in a month what is cost for AMA yearly dues, that's not even including their ROAR yearly membership fees to....

Even if I had acres of private land 5 miles away from the nearest Airport, I would still be a member of the AMA as I like being able to fly at AMA club sites and with other people. I am also a member of the USGA, NRA and a few others clubs or organization, just like the AMA; I chose to join these clubs. You don't have to join the AMA, USGA, NRA etc... but IMO the benefits that these clubs offer for their yearly membership fees are worth the cost...

What I tell my co workers who complain about paying monthly or yearly fees for what ever, I tell them if you don't go out to for lunch all the time, don't buy a coke a day from the vending machine; the money you spend going out to eat for lunch and buying cokes daily would be between 30-60 dollars monthly; that money you don't spend on going out, drinking energy drinks etc... would be enough to pay for what they are complaining about paying. If you are going to a fast food restaurant, on average you are spending $5 on average, go 2 l less times that's $10 saved...

It's all about prioritizing your spending, people complain about paying $60-80 for yearly club dues, I'm pretty sure that same person has spent that much on something else that wasn't a necessity/need, but a want.

This is just my .2 worth of opinion....

Last edited by GSXR1000; 03-31-2015 at 07:42 PM.