RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 04-01-2015, 05:49 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bradpaul
What I would recommend is a hike in the full page add rates in MA. The vendors and manufactures need to kick in and get off the free ride they have for lobbying by the AMA. Leave the small add prices alone to help the mom and pop operations, but Hobbyco, Tower, HobbyKing, and others can pony up. It's not as if there are alternatives for them to advertise in.

What worries me is with all the uncertainty on rules and regulations is how the insurance company underwriter will evaluate the future risk. I believe the insurance premium is a very large part of the AMA budget.
I agree with this 100% while I understand they need the income and why but why not hit the ones who are selling and causing the whole spending problem in the 1st place. MA has become nothing more than a "drone" mag. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with the "drone" craze but no amount of money will fix the problem. We have spent a nice chunk of change on this problem with nothing firm to show for it.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 04-01-2015 at 05:52 AM.