RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Old Pattern Planes
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 07:46 AM
aeroyuma
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings Mike,
i too am from the old pattern world and love the designs. I was good friends of Merle Hydes when he lived in Yuma, AZ, and my father in law and I would travel to many of the West coast pattern contests flying with Phil Kraft and Steve Helms and The young Jim Kimbro, I also framed a few Curare's for Bill Hemple senor and built several other designs for many other folks.
I currently have just finished 3/4 oz ing a Scratch built Kimbro Deception and have fond memory of Jim doing his rolling runs just feet off the deck at the old Miles Squire Park in fountain Valley, Calif.
Jim sold me a set of cores that he had cut many years ago and believe or not finally Used them.
I'm from the old school when it comes to finish's and always believed there should have been a trophy for the Prettiest painted Pattern bird .
I'm sure you probably know , but just in case you haven't heard Bill Hemple senors son David has taken over the Hobby Barn in Tucson and they are re kitting the Supe Curare that they kitted many years ago, they are also working on a few other designs as well,
I've been a big fan of yours as well and give you a Big thumbs up on many of your designs my friend 😊
Kind Regards,
Richard Preston
Yuma,AZ.