RCU Forums - View Single Post - Freewing 90mm f-16
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 07:26 AM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shomenda
Maidened my Freewing F-16 last Saturday in calm conditions. First attempt, with wing tip sidewinders, airplane would not lift off the ground. Aborted takeoff. Too nose heavy! Thus, it's clear the CG symbol as it appears in the instruction booklet is incorrect. After moving the battery aft 1" and adding 15 degrees more up elevator, it lifted off smoothly. Flies scale. Looks great. Awesome afterburner ring. Very stable on landing. Many compliments. I'm going to leave the 2 1/4 ounces of weight in the nose for the time being because it helps keep the airplane from jumping into the air on takeoff. The motor/fan unit consumes alot of power in a short period of time, reducing flight time to 3 minutes plus 30 - 45 seconds for taxiing out and in. Next flights will be without the sidewinders to see if battery consumption changes any.
Did you set your elevators according to the manual? The neutral setting has some up elevator in it. This is by far one of the best jets to date in its class! Glad you got her up, she gives me the shakes at first every time I go up!!!