RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is the deal with WILL NOT SHIP!?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 07:59 AM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mistermnkim
I have taken a break from the RC world for the last few years, we moved, started a new business but now its time for me to pickup the hobby I love again or so I thought? It seems every plane Im interested in is WILL NOT SHIP! Don't get me wrong I know its a choice but come on! I had a friend once tell me if they can ship the space shuttle, well? LOL I have shipped several very large planes and understand the time and money it takes to get it done, but im seeing ARFS in the box, 40 size being listed as wont ship. I guess I wish people to be a little more open minded about the shipping process, as long as the buyer is willing to pay for the service maybe its worth the effort? Being a long time kit builder im sure is part of the reason I don't mind building a box, packing and making sure its safe for the ride to its new home. I sure hate missing out on so many planes, guess Ill keep sending the message- IF YOU DECIDE TO SHIP PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
In this market place, it is really very expensive to ship aircraft in the box. I sold a person a Nexstar 40 size, quoted $35.00 shipping.I was asking $120.00 for the plane. He bought it, I got it ready to ship, took it down to the local shipping store, it cost me $110.00 to ship it. I did not back out of the deal because it was my error,not his. So with that being said most sellers wont ship large boxes just because of that example. Another big thing is most buyers want free shipping and won't pay the actual cost for shipping.
I have a lot of new planes in the box, but I will not ship them for less than the actual cost.