RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 scale gas powered tiger 1 tank
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 10:00 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jerry is the forums expert on Benzene engine RC tanks, he’s been using them for a number of years but the question was about a certain Benzene powered Tiger, firstly these models are Chinese made and are intended as a very basic model detail wise. Depending on what engine they use if it’s the same as in the Sherman’s they also make then it barley has the power to cope with them the Tiger being a larger model would also be heavier so the engine would struggle more, the electric version uses one 24v motor through drive clutches again this barley has the power to turn on smooth surfaces so you will quickly be looking at motor upgrades the electrics are very poor to say the least so again you will be looking at buying new speed controllers, the detail on the tanks are very poor especially the turret of the Tiger http://www.bigtanks.de/site/bigtanks.htm scroll down for more images of the Sherman and Tiger along with some internal shots, one thing you must remember is for $2400 its cheap so you get cheap don’t expect any kind of quality, I have never seen one in the flesh either in Germany or here in England I also don’t know of anyone who owns one.

When you say Armortek Tiger for £2400 you would be hard pressed to buy one at this price with electrics unless it was in a terrible state you certainly won’t get one for 2400€, now if you mean $2400 I would seriously doubt that to the point of saying keep dreaming the shipping cost of the kit alone is near £800 or $1200