RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Mini Avanti w/ K45 build thread
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 11:12 PM
the3dmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrScoles
Had a chance to play with fuel tank positions. The intakes are very thin glass, they can deform easily. The 16oz dubro fits on the rails almost perfectly without pushing on the intakes. The 20oz does constrict them a little more than I'm comfortable with. So, I'm going to go with a 16 and 14 on top of each other. The cockpit floor that is provided will not fit without adjustment with the tanks in this configuration. I don't like cockpits on sport jets and will be painting the canopy glass a solid color like I did on its big brother. I'll do a small cutout on the tray for the UAT to sit flush. The fuel pump and UAT will be near the rear nose gear bulkhead.

I looked over the build thread I did for the medium sized avanti last year. I thought I would get 8-10 minute flights with the 150oz of fuel on board. Not even close. I only use full throttle on uplines and when I'm doing tumbles and flat spins, the rest of the time I cruise around at half throttle. with 150oz, I probably have 10-20 oz left with a 6 minute flight. So, I am skeptical of the published fuel burn. It would make sense if it was an average, not at a full throttle measurement.

With the turbine as far forward as I can put it, without making new rails, the distance for the pipe is 475mm from the back edge of the fuse. The two pipes that WREN offers are the wrong size. Already sent an email to Ilja at Grumania for a custom one. Price is around 100 euros.

I am using a lion 2600 pack from duralite, and a small duralite inline regulator. The ECU pack is a 2100 LiFe pack from Kingtech. This battery is not supplied with the turbine, so don't forget to order it.

can you tell me, if this tank fit without pushing on the intake? is larger 92mm (italy metric measures) and have a capacity of 750ML
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tank.jpg
Views:	6639
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	2096025  

Last edited by the3dmaster; 05-14-2015 at 11:15 PM.