RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood (All P-47s Welcome)
Old 05-18-2015, 09:59 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blair K.
Thanks HD, I'll probably do my Spitfire cowl at the same time. I had my own business for 5 years making molds and laminating fibreglass products so its no big deal.

It annoys me that Horizon H just walk away from these bigger models with no support. If they want nothing to do with it why not authorise their suppliers to take over on old stock like cowls.

BK
Heard that complaint about Horizon seems they get 1 or 2 runs on a particular model and then abandon it. I lost the right wheel on my TF 85" P-47 on it's maiden ... Guess what the only part on that plane that TF doesn't have spares for are the wheels. %" x 1-3/16 Wide. Tried 1-1/2 inch Dubros and others the wheel well was too shallow & didn't want to butcher the Wheel Well so I started bugging the distruboter and seemed to get no where but after about a month of a couple calls a week, guess what showed up in the mail. All 3 wheels in one package with out an invoice and a note to the fact "Now stop Bugging us". The only thingI can figure is that maybe they opened a new ARF or Kit for use as spare parts. I did send her a flower bouquet with a thank U note.