RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aurora 9x erratic battery percentage readings on transmitter
Old 05-20-2015, 08:22 AM
nimrim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The issue with my 9X was solved, I hope, with a new battery. All manufacturers have had a problem with their RC products at some time on another, Hitec is no different than any of the other transmitters on the market. We could say they all hatched from the same egg give them two or three years their products will be updated their service center personnel will have turned over and we get to start all over. My original Hitec battery worked for a few months before my problem started. The battery would always take a full charge and test good, but could not hold the current in the radio and showed no sign of failure the current would suddenly drop and the unit would time out. The simple ease fix was to try a new battery, except Hitec does not have a replacement battery for the 9X, which has been on the market for a year. They checked the radio and it checked good and shipped it back to me nothing was done with the batteries. Not having a replacement battery did not concern them, Hitec recommended I find a replacement from one their competitors. I found an Airtronics TX LiPo from Hobby People which will fit into the case and so far it works. The voltage meters built into the 9X is questionable I do not trust the RX or TX readings and do not let the voltage drop under 75% and I top the battery off after two or three flying days which for my flying is OK. I'm sorry to say I bought a Futba before I found the answer, my Hitec is becoming a back up transmitter.

I apologize to RC Universe I mean no disrespect to their vendors or their site this is only intended to help solve an RC problem.