RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 04:39 PM
slamn sammy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Slamn Sammy its 1/5th scale with a 81" wing span and a 64 1/2" fuselage. center rear of the wing has been modified to look more scale and the luggage door on the left hides a compartment for the RX and lighting system switches, remote glow plug connection, and the battery compartment for the lights. It will have a TF cockpit kit and dummy luggage will hide the battery/switch compartment. Landing lights are on their own servo coupled to the flaps to turn them on/off. The nose wheel has a Robart strut made for the kit. The airplane is powered by a Super Tigre .75 side mounted engine with TF discontinued Super Tigre manifold and the original discontinued cowling muffler. I also have two TF plastic spinners (1 red and 1 white) I can use but have decided to go with a Tru-Turn aluminum spinner instead. The markings are vinyl decals made by Decal-it. The pants won't be used since the CAP airplane doesn't use them (Reminds me of police cars with their steel rims and minimal size hubcaps). Two of my sons were cadet officers in CAP and one went on to join as a senior member. He requested CAP livery on this one. He wants them displayed to the cadets to see so I agreed.

Mike

Am I going a little nuts on mods? yes but I'm not the first on this site by a long shot.
MAN! Thats what it's all about. I love scaling them out. My wife bought me a Top Flight gaint scale P40 and a GS P47 for Christmess one year. I had sholder surgery and had to retire and the depressing of the recovery and not being to work anymore was getting to me. Then Santa came and l spent from January-June in front of the Tv with a panel line pin drawing lines and dots. Look at my photo gallery and you will see the out come. The aluminum spinner would be a nice touch. Keep up the good work. =-)

Last edited by slamn sammy; 05-26-2015 at 04:42 PM.