RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 05:37 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by triumphman49
FYIOKC, . . . "While I'm thinking about it what is the performance difference between the 300 twin with a single carb and the 300 with the dual carbs? I was thinking a single would be easier to adjust but I figured there was a trade off. I have a scratch built project that the prototype was powered with a 270 twin so I was thinking a 300 would be a good choice unless I decide to go over to the dark side and try a gasoline engine." Try this link and enjoy the dark side . . . . .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_NJ...ature=youtu.be
Thanks for the link interesting conversion! I know a LHS owner that has been experimenting with the glowplugs made for gasoline engines in other glow engines to see what works so an ignition pack isn't necessary. I am waiting for his report.

Oh by the way what kind of Triumph are we talking about here two or four wheels? I had the four wheel variety, a 59 TR3A great car! I garaged it in winter and there was always the excitement of discovery of what broke when I taking it out for the first time in the spring. The broken Clutch master cylinder spring was a particular interesting event on year. I'll spare you the joke on why Englishman drink warm beer.

Old Fart sorry to hear about the hardrive, another reason airplanes are better than women!

In view of the Aussie requirements to be a Maroon I shall refrain from making the suggestion we start a Maroon brotherhood!

Aussies are a strange lot then my judgement could be somewhat colored from having a close friend from Tasmania (the Arkansas of down under) and we all know nothing good ever came out of that bunch.