RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 06-03-2015, 07:18 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I trusted that you're bright boys and you'd figure it out. But let me share a story and see if that helps.

Hypothetically, let's say I own a gym. I own assets, say equipment, some property, some equipment, and even some inventory. Like most businesses, I probably owe some money. In this case, let's say I owe money for my newly renovated building and some fancy new treadmills. I'm looking at my books over the past few years and note that despite reducing expenses, paying off debt, and increasing the number of patrons, the total value of my business (including cash on hand) has gone down! Do I charge my patrons more?
Ahhh, something to argue LOL. Thank you! ;-)

I wouldn't be the least bit worried...as the AMA is not for profit...unlike your gym hypothetical... Anyway, as for as any nefarious aspersions one may glean from your remarks, I have always figured the AMA officers to be very honest "about the money". I may disagree about some of the principles and methods but AMA is very well positioned in the market they own...LOL