RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 06-04-2015, 02:10 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I'd rather see them sell the Muncie site and put that money into regional fields positioned to be closer to more members. As for paying to use the Muncie site, I should hope so. I'm of the opinion the PR firm was a complete waste - but intelligent people can disagree on that point. As for the fee? My homeowner's is going to be more than adequate for anything that might happen, so at this point I'm basically paying for a magazine and subsidizing insurance for everyone that is using it.

AMA is useful if you have to have it to fly at a field. Otherwise, I'm not sure I could rationally recommend it.
I agree with many of the points you made but I think since they already have the Muncie facilities and they are established they should keep them. I would like to see the AMA partner with some
clubs around the country and establish some regional sites on par with the Muncie site. Also I think the AMA should make full coverage a option so some people don't have to use their HO ins
if you choose not to.