RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 04:44 AM
triumphman49
My Feedback: (149)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYIOKC, Those TR3A's were for sure a thing of beauty. Both my best bud and my girlfriend had those, while I had a '59 MGA to tool around in. We did swap around quite a bit (vehicles, that is ! ! !), 'til bud flipped my girlfriends' up on its side. Those were definitely the days . . . . I remember once the steering wheel coming off in my hands in downtown Atlanta - used a coke pop top to jam it back on - and another time when the leather straps holding the gas tank broke. What FUN ! After 'Nam wound up with a TR5T Trophy Trail that I modded, gearing, pipes, 8 bend ape hangers . . . and rode that thang everywhere. Another bud had a Bonneville that I almost killed myself on - did somehow stay up on 2 wheels tho, thru the grace of . . . Opel GT, RX7, VW Sirroco . . . current favorite sport ride is my '87 Turbo 300ZX - FNQ . . . whew, what a ride ! Then there is my '82 XJ6, lo slung 4 door sedan with it's MASSIVE grille and dual gas caps. TALK about a ride ! !
Consider Adrian at CH a friend and have worked with him on a # of conversions - mostly twins. Have seen many using on board glow to alleviate dropping of cylinder, and just decided ignition was the way to go, gas operation a plus with "fixed income" around the corner. MVVS 120T (by most accounts a problem child) runs on gas or glow, OS FS 160T also runs on gas or glow with the stock carb , FA 270T and FA 150 both have Walbros, but can change back to stock manifold and carb to run glow. Currently looking at my FA 182T and possibly FA 115 for conversions. 1st conversion was a Honda GX31 which Adrian modded for weight reduction and CDI - hope it'll fly a BUSA DVlll in the future.
Well, been working out of town for past months and got to get started "assembling" all the gear for trip.

T-man49 in Al

Saito #723

Last edited by triumphman49; 06-07-2015 at 05:31 AM. Reason: wrong button posted early