RCU Forums - View Single Post - Robart electric retracts stopped working
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Svante

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart electric retracts stopped working

I bought a set of Robart electric rotating retracts for my giant corsair some time ago. As the building of the kit has taken a long time I have yet to have them really tested, but they are now mounted in the half finished wing. Cycling in and out has been working fine for a while but today one of the retracts suddenly stopped dead in its tracks. It definitely is the retract that is the problem as switching the two between the different ports of the controller always has the same one not working. The motor seems to be twitching a little on activating, and at first I got it to move again for å couple of cycles by pushing on the leg when activating. Now though the motor just moves a fraction and then stops dead.

Short update: I unplugged everything and tried cycling once more. Now the problem unit actually retracted as it should, but when lowering gear once more it stopped at the same place like when the problem first appeared. This is at a point just before it's fully out. Seems like it thinks it's done before it should.

Anyone experienced the same and have tips to fix? Robart will of course be contacted also.

Thanks
Henning

Last edited by Svante; 06-10-2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Update