RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm a raw beginner... with a project
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 03:04 PM
soonerbillz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a side note... I've been interested in the sport for some time.. used to work with a guy who was a experienced pilot and builder.. thought the stuff he had was pretty cool.
As for myself.. I'm a 35+ year vet of the hot rod and motorcycle worlds.. built and repaired many, many bikes and rods... well experienced on construction both mechanically and in wood. While I don't intend to believe I am qualified to build that spitfire yet I have enough behind me to get there.. as for the Spitfire it's purchase was spur of the moment at an auction.. I paid pennies for it! After getting it home and going through it I decided to get up to speed before going hog wild on the idea of building and flying the Spitfire.. much as I would love to...
I have a sport I love... I road race motorcycles.. that I build from scratch.. for me there is nothing like the thrill of spinning my built motor to 14K and dragging knees.. but this little box seems to be telling me to try my hand at your sport.. and trust me I'm kinda persistent when I want to do something! Again I'm not kidding myself.. I'll need assistance. so thanks for the advice and it's well taken.. already searching out a club as I speak.