RCU Forums - View Single Post - Turning brushless
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 05:55 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I am no expert on diffs, but I dont think you would have a diff issue due to turning. I cant offer advice on tuning or improving the diffs.

To increase acceleration you can fit a smaller pinion (small gear that attaches to motor) but that is at expense of top speed. You can increase top speed by increasing the size of the pinion at the expense of acceleration.

You can mix and match esc and motors to some extent. You do want to match sensored esc with sensored motors and sensorless esc with sensorless motors. The one I linked above is sensorless/unsensored. Sensored tends to be more expensive. It offers additional smoothness, particularly when starting out. Most guys that race prefer the sensored. I have some of both and have no real preference. The last one I bought was sensoreless, fwiw.
Some esc have a motor limit of how high kv it runs with or how low of turns it runs with. Every motor will have a few designations with it. Size ie: 540 or 36x50, some show the turns (turns of wire) like a 10.5 turn or a 4.5 or 25.5. Others instead of turns will tell the kv or revolutions per volt, the combo I posted above had a kv of 5700.