View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really wish I had more info but I think this is just a hard Neoprene?? It's the same stuff used in a couple of my old style anti vibe mounts. Someone left a big bunch of it at my wood workers club after cutting it up into pieces this size. I had built a Cub for a friends and his .91 four stroke required to be moved out farther from the fire wall to fit his really nice after market cowl so I put some of this on the fire wall then mounted the motor mount. It turned out to be the smoothest running four stroke I have ever seen.
Thing is I have never had a hard vibrating engine, two or four stroke. I'm also a stinker about prop balancing. I have a number of anti Vibe mounts but I almost never use them. I use more of the nylon Tower adjustable mounts then anything.
I did built a very nice CG Extra with a YS 1.40 for a friend and he asked me to use a good Anti Vibe mount so I gave the JTEC mount a try. A bit harder to use but talk about smooth!!!
For the most part vibration is just the prop out of balance and the tune not being correct. I found the DuBro balancer more useful then the Anti Vibe mounts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_0606OS1200001.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2105120   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_0606OS1200002.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	2105121