RCU Forums - View Single Post - What has happened to Hobbyking?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 06:20 PM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Topspin,

The intent of these forums is for modelers to share experiences and help one another out. The OP had a bad situation, feeling ripped off by HK. At what point in the thread did anyone offer help to the poor soul?

What actually occurred is the usual t.i.t for tat that the vendor is awful or the vendor is wonderful, followed by personal attacks, rather than focusing on providing some assistance to the OP. The message delivered was that anyone who buys from that vendor is not very smart and deserves bad things to occur. This was further exemplified by the poster brave enough to post his turbine installation, and who had a good HK experience, yet was criticized for his build technique and component selection not being up to someone else's "standard".

When was anyone going to offer any useful advice to the OP, without the personal back and forth attacks, such as the one above?

Imagine a new pilot, brave enough to join the thread, and posting (possibly in the wrong sub-forum), a photo of their new baby, asking for help with issues they experienced. Based on this thread, such a user would be potentially attacked, criticized for where/what/how they bought things and how they put it together. Net, it would be their own fault.

My point only is that the forum does not well serve modelers with personal attacks. Not does it serve modelers well without trying to directly help the person who started the thread.