RCU Forums - View Single Post - New scammer/ maureen45
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 06:44 AM
moparbarn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of questions. First, let me say that I have not bought or sold anything here on RCU ( I have on IW & JRCBD, a LOT!). I also AM NOT "taking sides" here.

I do not/will never use PayPal or a debit/credit card (don't even have either). I have had numerous issues with both PayPal & my cards getting hacked at 2 different banks. My $ does not go by computer!!!! I only pay by USPS m.o., so I would need an address to mail it to. The responses I see posted don't make me jump up & scream scam??? If they want to mail payment, then you wait to receive it, cash it, THEN ship the item. Simple & safe, IMHO...... Address's are in every phone book, certainly not private or secure & available to everyone. So what's the big fear over giving them out? If you believe that a computer based form of payment is so secure, read the newspaper, watch the 6 o'clock news. Lots of "secure" sites & personal info getting stolen every week. If being a stone age anomaly means you don't want my money, I'll give it to someone else. Basically, you're saying you don't trust me & those are fightin' words in my book. That, & if you can't wait 2-3 days for the mail then you are just way too caught up in the instant gratification thing.

The fact that these folks have replied to so many ads so quick tends to make me agree with this thread, don't get me wrong!! But just asking for an address doesn't make it so. Also, if someone accepts my money order & doesn't deliver - it's called mail fraud - a federal crime. You can also contact the police in their town & file charges, I have had to do both & they DO work! Felony charges & jail time seem tomcarry more weight than a BS slap on the wrist from some online site.

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I think old school values still need to be respected.