RCU Forums - View Single Post - bolt, nut etc assortements
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Over the years I have tried a few of the assortment offerings and though they do have a lot of stuff in the boxes I find half of it you will never use. I found it was better to assemble your own using the fishing organizers from places like Bass Pro Shops. For my regular parts I purchased two Bass Pro Shop tackle organizers each came with 4 snap lid boxes. One set for standard and the other for metric and nylon. I filled the boxes with sizes I found I used. When I leave for an event I just pick up the two bags and I have all my fasteners with me in case I need them.

I have 4 of the same size tackle organizers inside the top of my tool box. These are filled with all my spare engine parts. Every gas carb has a complete gasket set. Every nitro engine has gaskets and sometimes spare needle valves, prop washers and prop nuts. I have plenty of glo plugs and spare spark plugs. Even a few Walbro carb float gauges.

When I started with electrics I found everything very specific for each size motor so I used small versions of the tackle organizer for individual planes. I label the box and fill it with parts, nuts and bolts etc specific to that model. If I misplace a wing bolt no need to sort through the big boxes because I will have put a few in the little poverty pack as I call them.

Lately I have found a small box I really like and am in the process of switching all my small containers over.

First three pictures are the Bass Pro Shop cases and assortment boxes bought on sale for $15 each.

Second two pics engine spares in my main tool box.

Last picture shows the size of my first boxes and the bigger latest boxes I will be changing too. All of my glider spares fit in one box. I have an Edge and MXS from Extreme Flight and one box holds all the spares. Most of my other planes have they're own box.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	2109555   Click image for larger version

Name:	d.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	2109556   Click image for larger version

Name:	e.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	100.0 KB