RCU Forums - View Single Post - Galeb G2 - new jet made in Serbia
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 11:31 PM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Hello modelers, after almost two years absence from modeler scene time is come to work on Galeb G2 again...

In meantime as I wrote earlier, my family and I move from Novi Sad to Senta, small town 90 km norther.
We totally change our life, bought big property, build new house and start new business.
Of course, I made new model workshop...
Few days ago, with my friends, we made "opening ceremony"...

What is plan?

As you know, one G2 in 1/5 scale was made. That model show where we can made some changes, two biggest, reduce weight and made better air flow in rear part of the fuselage.
Before we come here in Senta, I made almost complete new wing. Martin, guy who work on 3D drawings, rewrote almost all fuselage ribs.
Weight problem will be fix with using 3mm ply (instead of 4mm used on first model), different way on doing panel lines, using some lighter parts and adding more holes on parts for reducing weight. I think, with that changes from model can easily take down 2 kg, maybe little more.

Change fuselage ribs design will help to more air come in rear fuselage part.
But, biggest change will be in turbine and thrust tube. Instead of Jet Cat P 80 and thrust tube of 90 mm (with double wall it is almost as wide as hole on last rib), I'll plan to use now Wren 80 (or 100) which is more than 20 mm smaller in diameter. Thrust tube is smaller also - 72mm, but at the front, on bellmouth is just 82mm!!! Jet Cat's bellmouth was 140mm and cover almost all space inside of the fuselage...

Hope that changes improve 1/5 scale G2 a lot...

In meantime, I decide to made bigger Galeb G2 - 1/4 scale also.
All files we have, so no big problem to bring them up and "polish" for larger scale. Work on this project is already in progress so that model will be soon on worktable.
1/4 scale G2 is 2905mm wingspan (with tip tanks) and fuselage is more than 2500mm long...
Wing will be from three piece, center panel with two wing tips.
Same like smaller, this G2 will be wooden construction, plan is to use Behotec retracts and wheels, and 140 - 160 turbine.

OK, that's it for now, soon work on G2 project will be here again...

Regards from Senta, Serbia

Mirce