RCU Forums - View Single Post - Corsair 60 Looking for Nose Weight Suggestions.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:35 PM
gregoryshock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red head
Maybe a couple small shims behind the mount will shift your weight enough to balance . ENJOY !!! RED
I have a bad muffler set up for that. Because the muffler used is screwed into the firewall with wood screws. I would need to either glue in some spacer blocks or somehow extend the connection tube to the muffler.

Guys there are a lot of things on this plane that is driving me nuts. My Dad and I tried to follow the instruction book and plans to the best of our ability. We only made changes where our experience taught us that things needed to be done different. And yet issues just keep showing themselves. Things have been so bad that we go to work on the plane early in the morning 7:00AM or 8:00AM and work on it until 4:00PM. (Only taking a break to eat) No sooner do we think we got everything fixed, and we go out to taxi or the plane, or just run the engine, and something else comes up. It's been like this all Summer long. We think that if we can't get the plane in the air by this week or next we're going to quit and try again next year! I own 6 different airplanes, some were kits and some are ARF. I've flown R/C since 1995, and I've never had an airplane give me as many issues as this one has. We've put our heads together and tried to tally up the choices we made verses the things the instructions told us to do. It comes down to lack of experience, and an instruction manual that is not written good enough, for people like us. Every plane we have ever built, had something on it that is new to us. But this plane has several things that are new to us, and they never tell you should do about it. I don't know how any of you guys got the experience/information that you got. Maybe you had enough people at your flying field inform you of these issues pryer to starting the project. I'm thinking about writing a blog about this airplane, pointing out all the different things I think the manual should of told me and didn't. There is a good chance that if for some reason I can't ever get this plane to fly, I don't think I'm going to build another one. I don't think I'll even get the ARF version. I'll just get something else.

* Been at this project for 4 years.

Last edited by gregoryshock; 07-19-2015 at 12:38 PM.