RCU Forums - View Single Post - Insurance - AMA dues - Are we paying our fair share
Old 07-22-2015, 03:25 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The math is all wrong. Just like Guns one aircraft is not more dangerous than any other. I've
seen a small ducted fan F-86 hit a guy in the upper fore head and pealed a 4 inch wide piece of his scalp.
That plane weighed about 2 lbs.
The real problem is the PILOT that does not have the training nor the skills to be flying a KITE.
Every Club has a couple, U Know the guy that keeps flying over the flight line or the other pilots heads.My pet peave is the guy that'sbeen flying for 30 years and can't make a right hand turn toward Them Self. Then U have the guy that keeps crashing all the time. U Know the guy that is keeping the local hobby shop in business or is one of the best customers of HK or Tower.

The FAA realized that Pilots skills deteriorate over time so they instuted the Biannual Flight Review.
A pilot can not fly as pilot in command with out having an endorsement in his log book saying he has had s Ground and flight review of his piloting skills by a flight instructor Qualified in an aircraft meeting the pilots Endorsements. I.E. Instrument, Multi Engine, or just a VFR pilot with nothing more then a SEL Single Engine Land endorsement.

Now I'm not proposing that R/C Pilots have to be Checked out to fly diferan type of aircraft ... but the AMA does have a Turbine Waver Program & a special approval process for planes over 55 lbs.

What I would love to see is that every club would have an Instructor program and anyone wanting to fly solo endorsed by 2 instructors that they can at least do a series of maneuvers to prove they have the skills to fly solo.
JMHO.