RCU Forums - View Single Post - RedCat Volcano EPX - Steering Hub/Dog Bone Issue
Old 07-25-2015, 06:26 AM
smithmb01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RedCat Volcano EPX - Steering Hub/Dog Bone Issue

I have an issue with my Volcano EPX that I am hoping someone can assist me with. After some extended use the lower screw on the steering hub came out. The thread was shot. When the screw came out we lost the dog bone. I replaced the steering hubs and hub carriers with aluminum ones and replaced the dog bone. The front right side had the initial issue and on this side, after replacing all the parts, the dog bone has too much play in it. If you make a sharp right turn the dog bone, close to the right front tire, the dog bone will creep out of the steering axle cup, see image on the right below). The other side is perfectly fine (imagine on the left). Is there a bushing or something that should be in the cup connected to the gear box or is there some other tweaking that can be done to prevent this from happening. I'm worried that something else fell out when the screw dropped out of the steering hub and we lost the dog bone. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Left Side.PNG
Views:	4580
Size:	562.7 KB
ID:	2111067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Side.PNG
Views:	3257
Size:	425.5 KB
ID:	2111068