RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is a mini worth spending the money on?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 05:42 PM
KC Air

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by collector1231 View Post
Yeah, I got you. I suggest a 2WD 1/10 buggy, as that class is typically large at most tracks, and if it isn't, they normally combine them with stadium trucks. I highly suggest you visit the track on a race day and see what the most popular classes are there and report back to us.
I went there.. they only race 1/10 and 1/8. The guy there said in order to get into a quality buggy I would end up spending a grand or more. He said the inexpensive ones are not worth it, but instead to get a Traxxas Slash sct rtr that is about $260. It just so happens he has them on the shelf. He said that all the newbs there run these trucks, and they have a stock class for them. Any mods, and I would have to move to the Open class with all the pros. I am not sure I want a 2 WD truck nearly as much as I want a 4 wd buggy. I dont know how much truth there is to what he said since he had something different to sell. The place was huge.. several tracks, huge parts selection.. everything covered in dirt. It smelled like airborne dirt. You can practice there from 4 pm til 10 pm for $5. Huge pit area with nice tables, electricity, and lights. You can bring your stuff there and work on it all you want as long as you clean up after. When I was there, nobody was running. I would have had the track to myself to practice until I ran out of battery.

Last edited by KC Air; 07-27-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: additional info