RCU Forums - View Single Post - State of R/C in 2015
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 02:24 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But, who needs to "condition" batteries nowadays? Yes, you probably do get longer run times with nitro, but 7200mah 2S Lipos are becoming fairly common. And even on a 4wd SCT with a big 550 Novak brushless, that'll get you 30mins. I've even seen 10,000mah packs. Tho they're more the size of a 3S. Nah, I'm a firm electric guy, but I can understand the Nitro thing too. Just not for me.

Indeed, not for most people's NEIGHBORS either. Our local track got shut down for years because of noise from Nitro cars. Only when the local RC community got together, and talked to the Board of Sups over a period of years and made the agreement to be ELECTRIC ONLY, and only be open Thurs - Sun, were they allowed to re-open just last year. They also implemented a "No-Noise PA system" for race days using a small local FM transmitter. Everyone has a portable FM radio on them to get Race Announcements, so there is no noise from using a regular broadcast PA. Been successful so far. Zero complaints from the neighborhood around the track.

(BTW, I'm an "old guy" too. 50-ish. Only been in the hobby for 4 years or so, tho.)

Last edited by EXT2Rob; 08-03-2015 at 02:27 PM.