RCU Forums - View Single Post - 12' Telemaster- gonna need help
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 01:54 PM
JeffinTD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Covering the fuse. I tend to go with very simple covering schemes. The fuse also has clear plastic tubing for servo wires, with a strip of LED's glued to both sides.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned getting tools to make servo extensions. I've learned from experience that you don't want that red handled tool. This set from Hanson Hobbies is much better. Their servo pins are much higher quality, too, and their wire seems to have a higher silicone content in the insulation. It is much more flexible and easier to work with. I also like to label everything to make life easier later.

Here is a shot of how the wing looks on the fuse. I may add some stripes, but I might not.

Radio wise, I ended up using a 9 channel power safe (overkill I know), powered by two 2100 Li-Fe packs. The power safe system has 3 satellite receivers, 14 gauge power inputs for two batteries that are isolated (so if one battery shorts, it doesn't pull the other one down), and a smart fail-on type switch built in.

Ignition is driven by a Tech Ultra ignition battery eliminator. It provides an optically isolated kill switch, with a tripple filtered voltage regulator that draws power off the receiver.

The 2 Li-Fe receiver batteries are on deans ultra connectors and have a velcro seat belt to hold them in. It is really handy to not have to drag an extension cord out to the airplane trailer to charge an ignition battery.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0628_zpsln5ebl1d.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	2113976   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0627_zpsfnteqlnj.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	2113978   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0632_zpskdzscgle.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	327.1 KB