RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 02:03 PM
Herc Pilot
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chroner,

Thank you for your input on the TW actuator. I'll definitely get inside the little bugger and make sure things are as they should be as I'll probably lose my mind if another has issues.

Nick,

I like what you've done with the mains. Before I send these back, I'm going to go over them myself and see if I can improve upon them as you've mentioned and maybe prevent a long wait for a replacement. Your Corsair is gorgeous! If we were to redo our scheme, it would have been exactly as you have done. The green just sets it off without making it too different from the traditional scheme, IMO. Bravo!
Oh yeah, I knew better than putting the weight in the cowl, but with batteries and servos all over the motor box and firewall, there wasn't many other options. I realize this is most likely why my cowl came loose on the last flight. More attention will be paid to this in the future.

cams69,

Go for the Evo and convert it to ignition! If I could gain another 500 rpm as Chroner did, it would make a huge difference.

As for the weight, I really don't think the extra will be too much issue. It really does fly fine at 32+ for me anyway, but the engine needs to be up to the task. In our situation, a poorly propped engine was most of the problem. The Evo gains tons of power once broken in. Once you get used to the tail hanging when it's dirty and begin to get comfy with it's speed threshold, it becomes natural when you need flaps, etc and will slow down more than you might think.

This vid is after about an hour run time. Now with the same prop it will turn about 6200 on the ground...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CEk3kbYCf0
I appreciate all the input. I admit I was more frustrated than not when posting my report last night, but you have given me some hope that there are solutions out there.

Much appreciated,

Herc