RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 11:57 AM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Lowen
The good thing is I did not hear that sickening sound associated with balsa hitting the ground at a high rate of speed( we all have heard that yes?) so I am hoping i find it intact and all I have to do is charge the battery and put some fuel in it. right? That is not to much to hope for right?
I lost a plane "in the corn" several years ago. I and several other club members spent many hours looking for it. I began to hear the "children of the corn" coming after me. I almost gave up and then after 5 weeks the local expert came to the club with his golden retriever. Luckily the plane was yellow (golden?) so the retriever apparently picked up the scent and found it almost immediately. It was intact and suffered only a dead RX battery. I took it home, and charged it up, drained all the old fuel out, refueled it and flew it a couple more times. Then I noticed some green growing under the yellow monokote. Mildew had attacked (it had rained a couple of times while it was in the corn). I flew it some more and finally crashed due to dumb thumbs. That time it was not the sound of silence, but crash bang and rip. Did not rebuild it that time. So, don't give up, but listen and watch out for sounds of The Children (or dueling banjos). This IS all true.

Sincerely, Richard