RCU Forums - View Single Post - Copying plans from a kit?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Everyone;

Greetings from the ever warm Valley of the Sun.

Speaking only for myself: whenever I build a kit, whether old or new, I always make a copy of the original plans and usually cut up as required and build from the copy, and save the original plan for my archives. I do this because I can; I still have original pans from the 40s, 50s and 60s, FF and CL that I built from , because copying same was unavailable at that time. I have to laff at same, as these old plans are all glue smeared, dripped on, full of pin holes and razor slices, and in many cases are scotch-taped together, anotherwords in real poor condition. I do enjoy looking at them every now and then to relive my misspent youth, alas, what can I say.

I see no harm in doing what I do. Once in along while, I will help a fellow modeller who needs a set of old plans, and copy same for him, + on occasion have requested same from others; helping one another is AOK in my books, I am certainly not trying to make money or a living at it.

Another side benefit, is looking through these older plans and reminissing, as I mentioned above. Again, just one old timer's opinion, been happily destroying balsa wood for almost 65 years, will close, best regards to all from Glendale, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.