RCU Forums - View Single Post - HELP!!! O.S 160fx is driving me crazy!!
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Chuckc21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! O.S 160fx is driving me crazy!!

Hello all. This is going to be long so bare with me. I have an O.S 160fx on an Aeroworks Yak 54 90-120. I have had this plane and engine for a year now. Until now the engine has been the best engine ever. I have flown it in IMAC contest placing second in the basic class with it at one contest. Only hiccup the engine has was several months ago and it wasn't a big deal, easy fix. Now....with that said here goes. I went flying the other day and the first flight was great, as usual. The second, third, and fourth was a different story. The engine died on the second third and forth flights, leaving me to dead stick it 3 times. This engine has never done anything close to that before. I took it home and I changed the tank, and the fuel lines. I cleaned the carb, and the fuel filter. I installed a new glow plug. I pulled the high speed needle out and cleaned the needle housing and flushed with fuel. I then went and got new fuel. Took it to the field yesterday thinking that surely this was a small issue and what ever happened was solved by everything I had done. I primed the engine, attached the glow igniter, and bumped it with the starter and bam!! she fired right up. As it always dose. I took to the skies. I performed several of the maneuvers in my IMAC sequence, including several stall turns with and extended down line and when I finally pulled to wings level and fire walled the engine it throttled up with no hesitation and off we went. I got to the spin maneuver which I may add I saved for last for a reason. I performed the spin, pulled to wings level and the engine died. I have taken note that all of the flights that it died on was after the spin except for one. It died after a stall turn on one flight. I land the plane and I had to prime the engine again to get it to fire. It is like the dang thing just ran out of fuel. It acts like all the fuel is being spun out of the engine during the spin maneuver. Again this engine has never had this issue in the year that I have had this engine. I am at a loss as to what is causing this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have heard of people having to use Perry pumps with the 160fx, and I am thinking of going to that next. Thanks again.