RCU Forums - View Single Post - HELP!!! O.S 160fx is driving me crazy!!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 06:34 AM
Chuckc21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried that. I have done all the obvious things, reset the needles to factory and retuned, replaced o rings and gaskets, made sure all screws were tight. I am wondering if there is something else about a 2 stroke engine that I am unaware of? Again all the obvious things have been gone through. The engine will idle all day long and transition to full throttle great no problems both on the ground and in the air. It will fly wide open throttle until the tank is dry no problems. It dies when I drop it to idle, not when I throttle up. In other words, when I exit a spin I never get the chance to throttle up, it dies as soon as I go to wings level. This problem had baffled some of the old timers that I fly with that have been flying for 20 plus years. Nobody has heard of an engine that runs great at idle, transitions to full throttle great, and runs at full throttle great, but then dies when brought back down to idle. Before anyone else brings it up, no there is not a loss in compression or power. I mean we have gone through every obvious thing you can think of. I am looking for someone that might come up with something out of the ordinary that might be wrong with this thing. People say put a Perry Pump on it and I probably will, but....It never has needed a pump before, so why would it need one now? and would that actually fix the problem?