RCU Forums - View Single Post - HELP!!! O.S 160fx is driving me crazy!!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 04:49 PM
dingo9882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck, I wish I had video of what I was going through so that you could see for yourself. I had other people looking at it, changed fuel, changed props, changed the fuel lines, glow plugs, everything!! Then that one day it happened right before a pattern competition and the bearing race shot up through the piston. Everything you have gone through is what happened to me. I found out by others that these particular engines eat bearings. Now I replace the bearings about every 2-3 years so I never have to deal with this again. Its getting to about that time again for me to change them out as we speak. I even bought a $100 bearing press at Harbor Freight to get the job done. When you replace these bearing do both of them and the piston ring while its out. One complication I found is that sometimes after heating the engine I will pop out the crank and the Rear bearing is still on. So you might have to work the bearing off. I have it down to a science so I can replace my bearings in about an hour now. Good luck. If you need any help ask. Speedracer hit the nail on the head. Heat the baby up and those bearing and its insides will slide right OUT!!