RCU Forums - View Single Post - Specktrum radios; why did you crash? Why did you have a "brown-out?"
Old 09-09-2015, 05:04 AM
TOPGUN WINNER
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two aircraft set up with spektrum equipment for testing. I am afraid to fly either one. I have over 125 aircraft with engines. Been flying rc since 1953 when we built our own transmitters and receivers.

My next two videos will show exactly why spektrum has a severe problem with "brown outs"...it is so simple that any pilot will understand what they are looking at. That's the good news

the bad news is this: Spektrum has to make some major changes to correct the problem. It is within their system. Someone has changed something from the first units sold for whatever reason. (i have been flying spektrum along with my other radios since they first came out)

you can not fix the problem. That is why i am trying to talk to someone at corporate level that understands electronics at a very technical level. . They wanted me to talk to their lawyer...oh boy! I already have a 4.0gpa in contract law...what is their lawyer got to do with fixing a design flaw?

I will tell you that i have an idea on how to keep using your spektrum system untill they replace it with one that works for the average pilot. I will make a video of the test on both aircraft...it looks like you can buy the components required for around $100 per each aircraft.

Not cheap, but can make you feel safer. Spektrum needs to stand behind their problem and get it fixed. They should be held responsible for all the crashes they were responsible for.

They talk about their great support...ha-ha just try to talk to anyone above tech level and they tell you to go pound sand...they want to denie that they new anything about a problem...i was already told that on three occasions. This has been going on for several years and they still haven't figured it out. They just told me that they don't have a problem. There have been thousands of posts on the internet about failures that caused crashes. If they can't figure it out, why don't they hire a consultant that can...just saying...