RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carbon T-28
Thread: Carbon T-28
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 05:34 AM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

there seams to be a large difference in attitude between people who have build models all their life and those that just buy and fly. I seem to see that buy and fly boys expect it all to be done for them. well that's not the way it is! I'm amazed that they hold FMS models up as a icon to aspire too. I bough two the FW190 and ME109 and they spend most of the summer in a corner of my work room waiting for maintenance (loose firewalls, lg that loose a screw, lg set screw backs out, tears in hinges, plastic bits falling off, foam that warps in sun, motors failing, ESC w BEC right at limits out of the box, etc., etc.) my FMS's were my first electric LG and they taught me that you can not trust their draw, combine drawing 4.9amps leaving .1 amps for the radio.

as I rc it the T-28 is a step above! while it has problems, every time you do something new you have problems. like my FMS FW190 needed a new motor and retracts out of the box, the resident FMS expert says they will replace them but if you want to fly it this summer go here and buy the parts you need. then he says the FMS ESC is marginal (draw is to close to rating) so get an ESC too. while the t-28 has problems it is way ahead of my FMS's at this point!

as for the retracts, i have installed a backup battery and a fused lead to each retract. while my nose gear was failing it blew a 2amp then a 3amp fuse. when the new gear gets here I will try a 5amp fuse on the bad gear and see what I get. then the next step is to make 3amp circuit breaker leads.

Give E-flite a break they did a great job, and support it.

Joe