RCU Forums - View Single Post - NiMh Battery Charger Help Pleaaase
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 02:19 AM
secret_squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like we are on the same page. I absolutely love my A123s so far. Of course they are new but 1) when I got them, took about 30 minutes to charge and they were in my plane doing their job. No forming charge crap :-). 2) easy to charge, and you can see each cell, that is what I love. 3) I don't even put a dent in them at the field.

The only thing I don't like is their discharge curve and size. And I need to do some more research to figure out how to tell when they are bad.

Originally Posted by P-40 DRIVER
Long live the NiCad battery, It is a much better solution then most, and has few drawbacks except for weight. They are still in my future until they quit making them. A goof proof battery if there ever was one. Those Sub C's would take a lot of neglect and abuse and still do the job. My Makita drill used them, run everyday, for years, fast charged, run completely flat sometimes. LiFe batteries are going to be, the go to battery for most people as time goes on but I still think NiCad's should not be ruled out quite yet. Those Eneloops have a future but not as receiver batteries.