RCU Forums - View Single Post - FB 1/7th F15 scale build
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 03:13 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ww2birds
Looks nice with the wheels painted! Any issues with the disassembly/reassembly of them?

Have any of you got a lot of slop in the nose gear turning mechanism? If so any ideas for fixing? I have not had mine apart yet...

Also, heard from a few guys who have flown them that it needs a stiffer nose gear spring to keep the AoA from going negative on takeoff roll .. I've been there/done that with other planes .. Kevin .. did you have that experience? Also, can you briefly describe the mod you had to make regarding air resistance on the gear?

Many thanks,

Dave
Dave I would also like to hear what others did to make the gear more reliable in the air. My plan is to install an extra gear valve hooked to its own large airtank on the main gear up lines with its own valve. The gear came apart easy no problems. Some stuff was loose so glad I did. The gear axles need flat spots ground into them and that was about it.

My nose gear trunion has allot of slop and I assume that's the part your talking about. This part is only for scale looks and does not do anything for the nose nose gear. So its ok to have slop. I also see the trunion slides on the top when the gear is retracted to make sure you dont tighten that securing screw to much.