RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 F22 Raptor Glow-To-Electric Conversion
Old 10-18-2015, 01:54 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

READY FOR MAIDEN FLIGHT!

Guys,

After so many GO BACKS, I finally got the F22 Raptor the way I like it and it seems like it turned out very well. Its been a very challenging project in terms that you have to figure out placement of battery and working with a small and tight frontal FUSE area but, nevertheless, I believe this model shines with Electric over Glow any day!

1. I took out the Nose Wheel gear and rotating ARM to secure the push rod as it was left loose by the previous owner and made some additional adjustments.

2. Completed the propeller adapter and used a Great Planes propeller adapter using a SET SCREW to take advantage of the motor's flat spot on the output shaft. The pressure collar Adapter that came with the motor is just too scary since this motor produces lots and lots of power.

3. Tested the motor with the Pressure Adapter and swinging the APC 12 X 8 "E" and that thing was already up at 56-AMPS and above 835-Watts and it was very scary, besides this reading was done at 3/4 throttle.

4. I have installed the APC 11 X 5.5 "E" Propeller but, I don't have time to test and like to keep the AMPs (Current) down as much as possible and increase "Airspeed" so, this is what the model will use for its maiden.

A few pictures!