RCU Forums - View Single Post - OOOOPS!!!! Gmade Komodo 1/10TH SCALE CRAWLER KIT Motor Choice?
Old 10-21-2015, 10:08 PM
wrecker344

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OOOOPS!!!! Gmade Komodo 1/10TH SCALE CRAWLER KIT Motor Choice?

**Please Read**
Hi everyone,
I'm a noob here at RC Forums, and like a dummy ...I didn't realize I had posted this in the main "General Discussions" Board. Now I see my error and have posted in the correct forum. And there I was wondering why no one had replied! lmao..Anyway. Thanks in advance for any suggestions that I may get.. Onto my questions.

Hi everyone: I have another question to ask here. As I stated in another post, I am relatively new to surface RC-ing, (less then a year) but I have found that I really enjoy the rock crawling aspect of the hobby. Especially the whole "scale look" part. So, my question is this and before I ask, I do realize the answers will be a matter of preference and conjecture. So, without further ado.............. I would like to know what you think would be the best Motor setup would be to install into the new Gmade Komodo? I'm not sure whether I should go BR or BL? I understand the benefits of both, but would still value you someones opinion on this, from persons with more experience than I. The Komodo weighs in at 1.9 kilos, and I'm gonna guess here that by the time I'm done modding and upgrading various parts, that it will weigh in somewhere around 2.6 or so. Maybe more depending on the amount of wheel weight I find that will assist in the overall stability of the rig once tested out with various configs. Also while I'm asking? Any suggestions on a good (or top notch) transmitter that I can grow into. I'm thinking either Futaba or Spektrum higher end models, as these seem to have the abilities and features that would afford me to grow with the hobby. thanks in advance to everyone for your time. you guys have been great in answering my electric connector questions. have a good one everyone! mattman from the LowCountry...........