Old 10-30-2015, 02:06 PM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions, Decisions.... Seniorita, LT-40, or Kadet Senior Sport???

[TABLE="class: tborder user-postbit-left-user, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2_bottom, align: right"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: tborder user-postbit-left-user, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]Decisions, Decisions.... Seniorita, LT-40, or Kadet Senior Sport???

[HR][/HR]I'm a new pilot & have a dozen flights on my 39" Hobbyking Skymaster. It's 4 channel, weighs 1.5lbs and I fly it with a 9x6" prop. I do well with it, but have a heck of a time landing it with 12mph wind gusts. Then I have a 45" Mini-Telemaster with ailerons which is also a 1.5 lb plane with 9x5 prop. I will not fly it until I feel comfortable with the Skymaster. But that's on standby and waiting to be flown. I expect it too to be a challenge on anything but calm days. But, it's already built and I will be flying it someday soon!

So, now I want to enjoy my hobby and build something else in the meantime, and can't decide between building a 4 channel 63" Seniorita (I already have kit, wheels, ailerons,etc) or buying a $195 Sig LT-40 which is a 4 channel 70" wing, or a $245 Kadet Senior Sport with 78" wingspan. My concern is that I don't know if by the time I've graduated from my 39" and 45" small electrics I will still need the floaty aspects of the Kadet Sr or Kadet Seniorita, or....... if I would be better off with the little less floaty and stronger built LT-40. (?) I kind of like the LT-40 flying aspects, but don't like the long one piece 70" wing for clumsy transporting. AND, for just $50 more, the 78" Kadet Sport looks a lot nicer plane with pants and all, and has a handy wing tube too, but don't know if it's too floaty compared to an LT-40. (??) The 63" Seniorita is already paid for....except l will need to buy about 3 or 4 rolls of covering for it. (That's about another $50-$60 expense) But the 63" seems a little short on wingspan, might be a bit floaty too. And unlike the ARF's, it will require a lot more time to build from out of a kit. It will be a nice flying plane, but I wonder if I'll be sorry later that I didn't build something bigger. (?)

So......decisions ......decisions. Would all these 3 choices work for me where I stand right now as a new solo pilot?.......or does one seem better to you then another? I'd especially like to hear from you instructor guys. Thanks.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited by rustyrivet; 10-30-2015 at 07:42 PM.