Old 10-31-2015, 07:49 AM
jester_s1

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My point was that trainers fly badly in general because of the training wheels they are designed with. They get tossed around by the wind a lot, they have a lot of pitch coupling with speed changes, and the dihedral fights your roll inputs. Everybody I've ever seen graduation from a trainer to a sport plane, including myself, has said that the sport plane is easier to fly. The reason I recommended the Stick is that it has everything that a second model should have- light wing loading, forgiving stall characteristics, great wind handling, it's durable, and it does aerobatics fairly well. I'm a fan of moving on from trainers as soon as you have basic control down. If you aren't relying on the dihedral to level your wings for you and you aren't having those panic moments anymore from not knowing which way the plane is pointed, you are ready for a sport plane. If the Stick is just too ugly for you (which I would understand completely), consider a Sig 4 Star, Goldberg Tiger 2, or a Hangar 9 Pulse.