RCU Forums - View Single Post - Decisions, Decisions.... Seniorita, LT-40, or Kadet Senior Sport???
Old 10-31-2015, 04:39 PM
Roo Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Nied
I agree with JollyP. All three are standup good planes, but I think all would be "floaty". If you have the Seniorita, you should build it, Or sell it if you're not up to the build. Or build it for the experience of the build. Building a "Sig" kit usually renders a good plane if you follow their instructions. What I've liked in Sig kits is how thorough they are in their instructions. So they are good for beginners or experts. I've read where experienced modelers have taken the Senior and turn them into semi scale models like a Curtiss Robin or Dehavilland Beaver. So those kits are good for beginners and experienced modelers. A Sig Something Extra might even be in the cards. I agree, decisions decisions. Choose a path and have fun.
I will second the Sig Something Extra, This was my second plane, the first being a high wing trainer. I was very shaky when I started on the Something Extra but it tuned out to be a very good trainer when throws are limited and proper expo is used. One thing I really like is it lands very well without floating, Drop the throttle to idle on base and let her down and flare about a foot off the ground.