RCU Forums - View Single Post - TorqPro-TP70 70cc 4 stroke Gas Engine.
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:53 PM
rampage-1
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the TP 70. DHL just dropped it off.
It was completing assembled- carb, intake etc. The package made it all the way from China with no problems. I say that, due to the why it was packed. Most motors that I have purchased have always been package in a foam container to prevent any damage. This was just wrapped in bubble pack, butt it worked.
You can tell that the motor has been test ran, I guess at the factory due to the black carbon in the exhaust port and the oil residue on the motor. No tools came with it for adjusting the valves like some motor manufactures include or instructions on how to adjust the valves. No muffler came with the motor just a flex exhaust pipe about 12 inches long. It comes with with two sets of stand offs of different lengths and two intake manifolds along with a velocity intake for the carb.
I will be installing this in a P-51 TOP FLITE GIANT Scale 84 in.

. Speaking of manifolds. The one mounted on the motor is different then the spare one that came with the motor. The spare one is continuous tig welded all the way around on both flanges. The one factory mounted on the motor is just spot welded.

Back to the crankcase fitting. It's almost like they intend you to pressurize the gas tank with it, like on a nitro. I have read a lot of guys use inline pumps to pressurize the system on gas four stoke motors. I know Kolm motors suggest using a motor pump to keep contest pressure on the carb. They say it makes the motor run much smoother on their four stoke motors.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TP70-1.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	2130061   Click image for larger version

Name:	TP70-3.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	2130062  

Last edited by rampage-1; 11-10-2015 at 07:31 PM.